Sunday, 5 January 2014

Be careful what you wish for...

24 years ago I asked my Dad for a tiny tears doll for Christmas.  I didn't get one.  

This year, under my Christmas tree, Dad left me this...


I asked for it, I got it.


***************

Tomorrow morning my friends and colleagues will not be attending Court.  Full details of why can be found here.

I can't be there.  I'm really disappointed with that, but I'll be there in spirit.  

I really hope that the public see this for what it is.  This isn't about greedy fat cat lawyers.  It's about ensuring that there are no miscarriages of justice - that the guilty are convicted and that the innocent are not.  That people receive the representation that they deserve.  

Good luck everybody.  

Mr Grayling, you wanted to reduce costs, regardless of the damage that your ill thought through actions caused.  Tomorrow, you get what you wished for.  What a terrible mistake you are making.    It's about time you started to listen.  Ideally before all the good people leave the profession and you are left trying to clear up the mess that you made.



No comments:

Post a Comment